PDXpert PLM Software
Lesson 6: Create an assembly (BOM) with a References document
An assembly is a member of the customizable Part Types collection, and has a bill of materials ("BOM"). The BOM list can contain any other part type, such as designed or purchased parts, or other assemblies. An assembly can also contain document references such as assembly drawings and inspection procedures.
For this lesson, you'll use the document reference, design part and purchased part created in previous lessons. Before beginning this lesson, clear your workspace by closing any open part, document or other records.
For older PDXpert releases, see Lesson 6 (PDXpert 10.0 to 13.0)
Learning to use PDXpert software
- Lesson 0: Install the PDXpert PLM server and client workstations
- Lesson 1: Log into PDXpert
- Lesson 2: Enter the software license key
- Lesson 3: Create document record with file attachment
- Lesson 4: Create a design part with CAD file attachment
- Lesson 5: Create purchased part with approved source
- Lesson 6: Create an assembly (bill of materials) with References assembly drawing
- Lesson 7: Release design using change notice & workflow
- Lesson 8: Report/export product data