PDXpert PLM Software
PDXpert 8.1 release notes (change history)
Published updates in the PDXpert "8.1 series" software (all dates are UTC).
◄ Release 8.0 • Release 9.0 (9S) ►
Microsoft's technical support for SQL Server 2005, Windows XP, Server 2003 and Vista has expired. PDXpert system requirements identify supported replacements for these products.
New custom collections allow administrators to define selection lists for custom attributes. [B748]
- New custom collection form & its member form in Collection Explorer
- Added custom collection permissions to Roles member.
- Updated custom attributes in Part Types, Document Types, Change Forms to allow selecting a custom collection.
- Updated ODBC views (e.g., ItemMasterView) to display custom collection values in _Member columns.
- Updated External Data Importer tool to recognize custom collection values in named columns.
- Add customGroup and customMember elements to PLMX definition.
- Add custom collection values to AdditionalAttributes in PDX package export.
Starting database includes improved format for Changes in Process demonstration report. [B4102]
Upgrade effect: This is not automatically applied to existing systems. Contact your support engineer if you would like help installing the new data transformation XML.
Standard BOM import matches against existing parts using case- and space-insensitive comparisons for all attributes. [B4110]
Updated report Revision's Top Assembly on part's Appears On : BOM context menu; quantity is the sum of all part instances under top assembly. [B3067/C24580]
- When the part has only a released revision, then the report shows all parents (released or pending).
- When the part has a pending revision, then the report run against (a) the released revision shows only released parents, and (b) the pending revision shows all released and pending parents.
Add XML format provider in data transformations for Microsoft RDL 2008. [C24524]
In PDX export specification of ManufacturerPart, include itemClassification and revisionIdentifier in PDXpert.Attributes list. [B4112]
When a Part Types or Document Types member does not specify an Identifier sequence value, instance shall not enable 123 (auto-number) button. [B4113]
Fix UOM Categories form to accept modifications to Convertible checkbox. [C24578]
Add uomcategory.convertible attribute to PLMX definition. [C24577]
Update to support pseudo-parts such as costed labor by allowing time-based units for Part Types default UOM. [B4109]
Upgrade effect: UOM Categories collection Time member's property Use on part is marked as true.
Update to exclude reference items from PDX BillOfMaterialMarkups list. [C24721]
Update custom collection member's Name textbox tooltip. [C24685]
Fix BOM add/remove display errors caused byor . [C24758]
Fix file drag and drop under some conditions (e.g., open PDF, from Firefox) no longer displays a URI format error. [B4116]
New EffectiveOn column is included in ItemView & ItemMasterView. [B4120]
Update Windows firewall settings behavior: After the PDXpert server opens/enables port for SQL Server public views, if the port is subsequently disabled, then the PDXpert server will no longer re-enable the port. [C24932 etc]
Update help topic Solve client log-in problems [C24780]
Fix pending item revision that has a removed file to allow record deletion using withcommand [B4117]
Workaround prior to upgrade: Unlock the item record. For each removed file on the pending revision, right-click on the file and select the Item menu.command from the context menu. Lock the item record and select from the
Fix item- and organization-file permissions for read-only users when upgrading. [C24969]
Fix Persons collection member's Address textbox to allow more than one line. [C24928]
Install Guide Contents
- 001. Installation overview
- 002. Preparing the server computer
- 003. Standard PDXpert System setup
- 004. Standard PDXpert PLM client setup
- 005. Installing LocalDB for PDXpert client ODBC
- 006. Custom installation: SQL Server
- 007. Custom installation: PDXpert server
- 008. Custom installation: Private cloud
- 009. Custom installation: Client deployment
- 010. Upgrading the PDXpert Application Server
- 011. Upgrading the PDXpert PLM client
- 012. PDXpert server post-install checklist
- 013. Install license CA certificate chain
- 014. Moving PDXpert server database and files
- 015. Managing a PDXpert test server
- 016. PDXpert Application Server diagnostics
- 017. PDXpert PLM client diagnostics
- 018. Microsoft SQL Server diagnostics
- 019. Microsoft SQL Server log files
- 020. Connecting SQL Server Management Studio
- 021. Upgrading SQL Server
- 022. Service configuration settings
- 023. Application folders and files
- 024. System architectural diagram
Release notes (change history)
- PDXpert 11.0 release notes
- PDXpert 11.1 release notes
- PDXpert 11.2 release notes
- PDXpert 12.0 release notes
- PDXpert 12.1 release notes
- PDXpert 12.2 release notes
- PDXplorer 5.0 release notes
- PDXplorer 5.1 release notes
- PDXpert 13.0 release notes
- PDXpert 14.0 release notes
- PDXplorer 5.2 release notes
- PDXplorer 6.0 release notes
- PDXpert 15.0 release notes
- PDXplorer 6.1 release notes
- PDXpert 16.0 release notes