PDXpert PLM Software
On-line Help Guide
This help topic describes the current PDXpert PLM release. Earlier releases may be different. To view your release's version of this topic, open PDXpert and press the F1 key or select the Help menu.
The References lists show parts and documents that affect, influence or validate the document's content. For instance, a product performance specification document may refer to a set of industry standards or regulations.
The References lists are shown when documents and parts are enabled as references. See the References Tabs system rule.
Avoid cross references (where item A lists item B as a reference, and item B lists item A as a reference). Cross references complicate revision management and some types of Transforms.
Use the item icon to drag a part or document from the list to any other location that accepts the item. To select multiple items, click on the first row, press the keyboard Shift (range) or Ctrl (individual), then click on a different row.
This is the initial set of child items that will be approved for use on the iteration. The mark-up list is used to modify the list of items referenced by the document iteration.
While the document iteration is pending, a reference record's most recent pending or released iteration is shown.
To change the contents of the References: Markup list:
Add a new reference to the list by dragging an item (document or part) from the Search or Recent lists on the Item Explorer, and then dropping it onto the References: Markup list. Add notes as needed.
You can only drop documents and parts onto documents that will accept them. The References accept parts and References accept documents checkboxes are specified in the References Tabs system rule.
Modify the Row and Notes values by unlocking the record and editing the value. (This can also be done after the document iteration is released.)
Replace an existing reference by dragging an item from the Item Explorer and dropping it onto an existing References: Markup row. The notes are copied to the replacement row, and can be edited.
Remove an existing reference by selecting the reference, opening the context menu, and selecting thecommand (or pressing your keyboard's Delete key). The row is still shown, but is marked to be removed upon release.
Releasing the part iteration on a change form copies the References: Markup list to the References: Current list. (Removed references aren't copied.) The iteration's References: Markup list cannot be changed. It permanently shows the released child iteration as the row's starting point.
This is the most recent set of child items that are approved for use on the iteration. While a document iteration remains pending, its References: Current list of references remains hidden.
After a document iteration is released, its References: Current list always shows the latest released iteration of a referenced item. That is, each time a referenced item is revised and released, the document's References: Current list of references is automatically updated each time it's opened.
When a document iteration is canceled, the References: Current list shows the reference iteration that was valid at the time of cancelation. If a referenced item is subsequently revised, the canceled document's References: Current list of references won't be updated.
Markup and Current data fields§
The document's trustee can edit the References: Markup list while the iteration remains pending. The document's References: Markup and References: Current lists are locked when the iteration is released or canceled.
- This is the sequence in which the references list is sorted. Enter any non-negative (≥0) integer value.
- This identifies the item referenced by the document.
- You may use this text for any purpose.
- The contents of this field are indexed, and will return the reference item.
Use the sort buttons along the top of each list to temporarily adjust the references.
The IPC-2570 standard does not define References. PDXpert uses the AdditionalAttributes element to include a referenced item, which is added to the Items list. That item includes the referenced item's attributes; attachments for revision (isFileIn=Yes) and item (isFileIn=No) files; materials; and change history.
The PDX specification's AdditionalAttributes element doesn't support a recursive structure, and therefore a PDX package excludes the referenced item's own references, sources and BOM items. If your supply chain partner needs these details, the referenced item must be exported in its own PDX package.
Help Guide Contents [as PDF]
- 0001. Welcome!
- 0002. Help styles
- 0100. PDXpert Application Server
- 0101. Server overview
- 0200. How to...
- 0300. Console reference
- 0400. How to start the PDXpert client
- 0500. PDXpert introduction
- 0600. How to set up PDXpert
- 0700. How to use the Item Explorer
- 0800. How to use the Collection Explorer
- 0900. How to work with documents
- 0901. How to work with documents
- 1000. How to start a document
- 1003. Fill in the new document
- 1004. Add or remove references
- 1005. Start and update a task
- 1006. Save your document
- 1007. Remove your document
- 1008. Release your document
- 1009. Manage a released document
- 1010. Revise a released document
- 1011. Cancel a released document
- 1100. How to work with parts
- 1101. How to work with parts
- 1200. How to start a part
- 1203. Fill in the new part
- 1204. Add, modify or remove BOM parts
- 1205. Import a CAD BOM
- 1206. Add or remove approved sources
- 1207. Add or remove references
- 1208. Add or remove materials
- 1209. Start and update a task
- 1210. Save your part
- 1211. Remove your part
- 1212. Release your part
- 1213. Revise a released part
- 1214. Manage a released part
- 1215. Cancel a released part
- 1300. How to revise multiple markups
- 1400. How to work with change forms
- 1401. Processing a change
- 1500. How to start a change form
- 1503. Start and update a task
- 1504. Analyze a submitted change
- 1505. Fix change form routing errors
- 1506. Remove your change form
- 1507. Review a routed change
- 1508. Resolve an on-hold change
- 1509. Analyze an accepted change
- 1510. Use a released change
- 1511. View a completed change
- 1512. Analyze a stopped change
- 1513. View a rejected change
- 1514. Remove a canceled change
- 1515. Return a submitted change
- 1600. How to work with file attachments
- 1700. How to report, import & export
- 1701. Run a report
- 1702. Export a PDX package
- 1703. Use the DataGrid
- 1704. Use the Report/Export Wizard
- 1800. Import & update items
- 1801. Use the Batch Importer
- 1802. Item Master import
- 1803. Iteration-level relational imports
- 1804. Bill of materials import
- 1805. References import
- 1806. Revision files import
- 1807. Sources import
- 1808. Item-level relational imports
- 1809. Item files & links import
- 1810. Materials import
- 1811. Groups collection import
- 1812. Materials collection import
- 1813. Organizations collection import
- 1814. Persons collection import
- 1815. Custom collection import
- 1900. View & export via ODBC
- 1901. View database objects
- 1902. Create an ODBC connection
- 1903. ItemViews reference
- 1904. ReferencePairViews reference
- 1905. SourcePairViews reference
- 1906. SourceItemMasterView reference
- 1907. StructurePairViews reference
- 1908. ChangeViews reference
- 1909. ChangePairViews reference
- 1910. FilePairMasterView reference
- 2000. How to do other tasks
- 2100. Menu reference
- 2200. Document reference
- 2300. Part reference
- 2400. Change Form reference
- 2500. System Rules reference
- 2501. System Rules tool
- 2502. General: Copy files to snapshot
- 2503. General: Copy previous tasks
- 2504. General: Item uniqueness definition
- 2505. General: Reviewer comment required
- 2506. Default File Access
- 2507. Password Policy
- 2508. References Tabs
- 2509. BOM: Limit part to one row
- 2510. BOM: Lock part unit of measure
- 2511. BOM: Allow partner parts
- 2600. Collections reference
- 2601. Managing collections
- 2602. Custom attributes
- 2700. Places/Organizations/Persons
- 2800. General
- 2900. Documents
- 3000. Parts
- 3100. Changes
- 3108. Custom collections
- 3200. Other reference topics
- 3300. Software licenses & legal notices