PDXpert PLM Software
Group Policy deployment of PDXpert client
Instructions for system administrators who need to create a Windows Group Policy deployment package to automatically distribute PDXpert client software to client workstations. See, for example, this Microsoft knowledge base article.
For PDXpert release 10.0 or later
The PDXpert download page has a client setup file (PDXpertClientSetupMPx64.msi) that installs into the machine profile, and can be directly used with a GP deployment package.
For PDXpert releases 6.4 through 7.5
PDXpert client releases (8.0 and later) are installed into the current user's profile.
To create your GP deployment package, you can extract the necessary components from the PDXpert installer. The PDXpert client installer .EXE file contains three components:
- Separate installation profiles for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows
- A pdxpert.client.setup.cab file that contains code common to both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.
The correct MSI file and the shared CAB file must first be transferred to a client workstation. The MSI file is then launched to begin installation.
How to extract the MSI & CAB from the PDXpert client EXE installer
This section describes how to extract the MSI and CAB files from the PDXpert client software installer .EXE file.
After downloading the PDXpert server and client installer files into a convenient folder, open Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder.
Holding down the keyboard Shift key, right-click within the folder to display the context menu. Select Open command window here to open a command prompt.
Type in the extraction command:
PDXpertClient-Rnnnnn.exe /e "C:\[yourpath]\Extract"
Close the command prompt window and note that the two MSI and one CAB file are now in the destination folder, as show below.
If the Program Compatibility Assistant window is displayed, you can click the Cancel button.
Install Guide Contents
- 001. Installation overview
- 002. Preparing the server computer
- 003. Standard PDXpert System setup
- 004. Standard PDXpert PLM client setup
- 005. Installing LocalDB for PDXpert client ODBC
- 006. Custom installation: SQL Server
- 007. Custom installation: PDXpert server
- 008. Custom installation: Private cloud
- 009. Custom installation: Group Policy
- 010. Upgrading the PDXpert Application Server
- 011. Upgrading the PDXpert PLM client
- 012. PDXpert server post-install checklist
- 013. Moving PDXpert server database and files
- 014. Managing a PDXpert test server
- 015. PDXpert Application Server diagnostics
- 016. PDXpert PLM client diagnostics
- 017. Microsoft SQL Server diagnostics
- 018. Microsoft SQL Server log files
- 019. Connecting SQL Server Management Studio
- 020. Upgrading SQL Server
- 021. Service configuration settings
- 022. Application folders and files
- 023. System architectural diagram
Release notes (change history)
- PDXpert 11.0 release notes
- PDXpert 11.1 release notes
- PDXpert 11.2 release notes
- PDXpert 12.0 release notes
- PDXpert 12.1 release notes
- PDXpert 12.2 release notes
- PDXplorer 5.0 release notes
- PDXplorer 5.1 release notes
- PDXpert 13.0 release notes
- PDXpert 14.0 release notes
- PDXplorer 5.2 release notes
- PDXplorer 6.0 release notes
- PDXpert 15.0 release notes