PDXpert PLM Software
Standard PDXpert PLM client setup
Applies to PDXpert PLM software release 7.0 or later, on Windows 7 or later.
The PDXpertClientSetup.exe installation program installs the PDXpert client, which provides a unified interface for (a) setting system options, rules, metadata collections, and other configuration details, and (b) creating and managing documents, parts, changes and file attachments.
Preparing your workstation computer
Ensure that your workstation computer conforms to the client system requirements.
Install all Microsoft important updates for Windows and .NET, and restart your computer.
If you intend to import or export data in Microsoft Office formats like Excel or Access, and you don't have Microsoft Office installed, you must install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable. This package can be downloaded from: www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=13255
If encryption between server and client requires a specific protocol, see the Preparing the server computer: Operating system configuration topic.
The PDXpert client application requires Windows administrator level permissions to install prerequisites such as the Microsoft .NET Framework. The .NET installer requires Windows administrator permissions to run. If the PDXpert installer doesn't run as expected, first install the required .NET version, and then run the PDXpert client setup.
If you've installed the PDXpert Server on a computer, then don't install the PDXpert client on the same machine. The PDXpert Server's installer has already installed its own client during the system setup (more here).
To install the PDXpert client application, do one of the following:
If email notifications have been configured, then new users receive an email with the account username and password, and a link to download the client installer. For details, see the help topic Creating a new user account.
On the server computer, open the PDXpert Application Server. Click the http://machine:48084/client/setup download link to the Windows Clipboard. Open a web browser on the client computer, and use the link to download and run the installer.button to copy the
You can also manually enter the download link directly in the client web browser. The link is http://machine:48084/client/setup where machine is the server computer's name or IP address. If the PDXpert Application Server is installed on, say, PLMSERVER then the link is http://PLMSERVER:48084/client/setup
On the server computer, open the PDXpert Application Server. Click the PDXpertClientSetup.exe) to a convenient location on the server computer. Copy the setup file to the client computer. On the client, right-click the PDXpertClientSetup.exe icon and select .button to save the client setup file (
Download the PDXpert client installer from this website and save it to your client computer. On the client, right-click the PDXpertClientSetup-release.exe icon and select .
When you run the PDXpert client application after installation, the Welcome to PDXpert PLM window is displayed. Enter the server computer's name into the log-in window. To get help logging in, press the F1 key on your keyboard.
Client installation locations
For detailed information, see System file locations.
The PDXpert System Setup installer installs its own local PDXpert client application on the server machine. The default location is C:\Program Files\PDXpert\PDXpert PLM\Website\bin\PDXpert.exe
On client workstations, PDXpert 8.0 and later clients are installed into the user profile at %localappdata%\PDXpert\Application, for example C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\PDXpert\Application\PDXpert.exe
PDXpert clients prior to 8.0 are installed into the machine (all users) profile.
Install Guide Contents
- 001. Installation overview
- 002. Preparing the server computer
- 003. Standard PDXpert System setup
- 004. Standard PDXpert PLM client setup
- 005. Installing LocalDB for PDXpert client ODBC
- 006. Custom installation: SQL Server
- 007. Custom installation: PDXpert server
- 008. Custom installation: Private cloud
- 009. Custom installation: Group Policy
- 010. Upgrading the PDXpert Application Server
- 011. Upgrading the PDXpert PLM client
- 012. PDXpert server post-install checklist
- 013. Moving PDXpert server database and files
- 014. Managing a PDXpert test server
- 015. PDXpert Application Server diagnostics
- 016. PDXpert PLM client diagnostics
- 017. Microsoft SQL Server diagnostics
- 018. Microsoft SQL Server log files
- 019. Connecting SQL Server Management Studio
- 020. Upgrading SQL Server
- 021. Service configuration settings
- 022. Application folders and files
- 023. System architectural diagram
Release notes (change history)
- PDXpert 10.0 release notes
- PDXpert 10.1 release notes
- PDXpert 10.2 release notes
- PDXpert 10.3 release notes
- PDXpert 11.0 release notes
- PDXpert 11.1 release notes
- PDXpert 11.2 release notes
- PDXpert 12.0 release notes
- PDXpert 12.1 release notes
- PDXpert 12.2 release notes
- PDXplorer 5.0 release notes
- PDXplorer 5.1 release notes
- PDXpert 13.0 release notes
- PDXpert 14.0 release notes
- PDXplorer 5.2 release notes