PDXpert PLM Software
On-line Help Guide
This help topic describes the current PDXpert PLM release. Earlier releases may be different. To view your release's version of this topic, open PDXpert and press the F1 key or select the Help menu.
Revision files import
This file defines how PDXpert attaches files to document and part records' pending iterations.
Each row in the import file represents an item record with one file that must be imported into the library, and attached to the pending iteration's Files: Revision Files list.
This format imports revision files that are managed under change control.
For historical or background files, use the Item files & links import format.
This import file is used to add a file to the first pending iteration of a part or a document. Do not import a revision file for any item that has a released or canceled iteration.
For important rules that affect this import, see the Iteration-level relational imports help topic.
If a pending parent item has an existing revision files list, the parent item's entire previous list is deleted and is completely replaced by the new attachments list.
Before each new import, ensure there's enough disk space to accept all files in the import list.
Do not attach multiple files with the same name (including extension) to one item revision.
Do not import a Windows Link (.lnk) file. The real data file is not saved, and the link file doesn't contain information that's useful to other computers.
Windows has a practical device:\path\filename.ext length limit of 260 characters. Verify that deep folder paths and their files are within this limit. To avoid problems when users view or copy revision files from PDXpert to their computers, keep revision filenames under about 80 characters.
Each new import copies revision files into the \Data\Library folder, even if those files were previously imported. Files that are no longer needed are not automatically deleted from the folder. Test your import carefully with a small set of data before importing the complete set of files.
The Batch Importer tool can generate a CSV template file, which can be used to import your data. Select List: Revision Files from the dropdown list, click the button, and save the file to a convenient location. Unlike many other templates, current file data in PDXpert is not included in the exported CSV file (add a Transforms member if you need this list).
|Column name||Data type||Value if empty||Description|
|Class||string Part or Document||Part||If not specified, then the parent item's Class is a part.|
|Owner||Organizations||home organization||Identifies the organization that is primarily responsible for the parent item's specification and which issues the item Number.|
|Type||Document Types or Part Types||default member||If not specified, then the appropriate type collection is determined by this parent item's Class, and the default member of the resulting type collection is used to match the record's Type selection.|
|Number||string||row is skipped||REQUIRED: Part or document number. If the value is empty, the row is not imported.|
|RevisionFile||file: length ≤ 1000 characters||row is skipped||
REQUIRED: This is the full file path and name of the imported file, e.g., C:\MyData\MyFile.txt. The file is attached to the item's Files: Revision Files list. When the file is copied into the system library, its attributes are copied to the file's attachment record.
If the file does not exist at the specified path, then the file won't be attached. If the file is one of several files related to an item, none of the files will be attached to that item.
It is highly recommended that the imported files are located on the same physical machine—that is, not on a network or mapped drive—as the importing PDXpert client.
Help Guide Contents [as PDF]
- 0001. Welcome!
- 0002. Help styles
- 0100. PDXpert Application Server
- 0101. Server overview
- 0200. How to...
- 0300. Console reference
- 0400. How to start the PDXpert client
- 0500. PDXpert introduction
- 0600. How to set up PDXpert
- 0700. How to use the Item Explorer
- 0800. How to use the Collection Explorer
- 0900. How to work with documents
- 0901. How to work with documents
- 1000. How to start a document
- 1003. Fill in the new document
- 1004. Add or remove references
- 1005. Start and update a task
- 1006. Save your document
- 1007. Remove your document
- 1008. Release your document
- 1009. Manage a released document
- 1010. Revise a released document
- 1011. Cancel a released document
- 1100. How to work with parts
- 1101. How to work with parts
- 1200. How to start a part
- 1203. Fill in the new part
- 1204. Add, modify or remove BOM parts
- 1205. Import a CAD BOM
- 1206. Add or remove approved sources
- 1207. Add or remove references
- 1208. Add or remove materials
- 1209. Start and update a task
- 1210. Save your part
- 1211. Remove your part
- 1212. Release your part
- 1213. Revise a released part
- 1214. Manage a released part
- 1215. Cancel a released part
- 1300. How to revise multiple markups
- 1400. How to work with change forms
- 1401. Processing a change
- 1500. How to start a change form
- 1503. Start and update a task
- 1504. Analyze a submitted change
- 1505. Fix change form routing errors
- 1506. Remove your change form
- 1507. Review a routed change
- 1508. Resolve an on-hold change
- 1509. Analyze an accepted change
- 1510. Use a released change
- 1511. View a completed change
- 1512. Analyze a stopped change
- 1513. View a rejected change
- 1514. Remove a canceled change
- 1515. Return a submitted change
- 1600. How to work with file attachments
- 1700. How to report, import & export
- 1701. Run a report
- 1702. Export a PDX package
- 1703. Use the DataGrid
- 1704. Use the Report/Export Wizard
- 1800. Import & update items
- 1801. Use the Batch Importer
- 1802. Item Master import
- 1803. Iteration-level relational imports
- 1804. Bill of materials import
- 1805. References import
- 1806. Revision files import
- 1807. Sources import
- 1808. Item-level relational imports
- 1809. Item files & links import
- 1810. Materials import
- 1811. Groups collection import
- 1812. Materials collection import
- 1813. Organizations collection import
- 1814. Persons collection import
- 1815. Custom collection import
- 1900. View & export via ODBC
- 1901. View database objects
- 1902. Create an ODBC connection
- 1903. ItemViews reference
- 1904. ReferencePairViews reference
- 1905. SourcePairViews reference
- 1906. SourceItemMasterView reference
- 1907. StructurePairViews reference
- 1908. ChangeViews reference
- 1909. ChangePairViews reference
- 1910. FilePairMasterView reference
- 2000. How to do other tasks
- 2100. Menu reference
- 2200. Document reference
- 2300. Part reference
- 2400. Change Form reference
- 2500. System Rules reference
- 2501. System Rules tool
- 2502. General: Copy files to snapshot
- 2503. General: Copy previous tasks
- 2504. General: Item uniqueness definition
- 2505. General: Reviewer comment required
- 2506. Default File Access
- 2507. Password Policy
- 2508. References Tabs
- 2509. BOM: Limit part to one row
- 2510. BOM: Lock part unit of measure
- 2511. BOM: Allow partner parts
- 2600. Collections reference
- 2601. Managing collections
- 2602. Custom attributes
- 2700. Places/Organizations/Persons
- 2800. General
- 2900. Documents
- 3000. Parts
- 3100. Changes
- 3108. Custom collections
- 3200. Other reference topics
- 3300. Software licenses & legal notices