PDXpert PLM Software
On-line Help Guide
This help topic describes the current PDXpert PLM release. Earlier releases may be different. To view your release's version of this topic, open PDXpert and press the F1 key or select the Help menu.
The Item Explorer's Recent list shows items that you've recently opened.
The number of items that can be shown is changed by selecting Item Explorer: Recent items tracking limit value.and then adjusting the
Using the Recent list §
If the Item Explorer is not shown, select themenu item from the menu.
Click on Recent.
Do one of the following:
Right-click on the item to open the context menu, and select thecommand. You can select more than one row, and open them.
Double-click the item to open it.
Drag the item from the grid and drop it onto any list that can accept it, such as dragging a part from the grid and dropping it onto an assembly's BOM: Markup list.
The column abbreviations are managed in members of these collections:
Owner shows the Organizations collection's Display name
Type shows the Document Types, Part Types, Change Forms collections' Abbreviation
Release shows the Item Lifecycle Phases collection's Abbreviation
The list has three types of sorting:
The normal sort order shows favorite ("pinned") items, followed by other recently-opened ("unpinned") items.
A column is sorted from low to high: for example, from A to Z.
A column is sorted from high to low: for example, from Z to A.
When you click on a column header, the normal sort order is changed to ascending, then to descending, and then returns to normal order. Favorite items are included in the ascending and descending sort order.
Setting and clearing favorites §
You can keep a list of favorite items at the top of the Recent list. Up to half of the total items tracked in your Item Explorer: Recent items tracking limit user setting can be set as favorite items.
To set a recent item as a favorite:
- Select the item, open the context menu, and select the command to pin or unpin the item.
Setting the item as a favorite moves it to the last row in the pinned list, and sets the text style as italic. Clearing the item as a favorite moves the item to the first row of the unpinned items, and sets the text style to normal. If more than one item is selected, the primary selected item is moved.
To the rearrange the favorite list:
Clear (unpin) any items that you want to arrange.
Set (pin) each item as a favorite in the order that you want the item displayed.
If you reduce the number of tracked items in your, extra favorites are moved to the unpinned list when you close the PDXpert client.
Help Guide Contents [as PDF]
- 0001. Welcome!
- 0002. Help styles
- 0100. PDXpert Application Server
- 0101. Server overview
- 0200. How to...
- 0300. Console reference
- 0400. How to start the PDXpert client
- 0500. PDXpert introduction
- 0600. How to set up PDXpert
- 0700. How to use the Item Explorer
- 0800. How to use the Collection Explorer
- 0900. How to work with documents
- 0901. How to work with documents
- 1000. How to start a document
- 1003. Fill in the new document
- 1004. Add or remove references
- 1005. Start and update a task
- 1006. Save your document
- 1007. Remove your document
- 1008. Release your document
- 1009. Manage a released document
- 1010. Revise a released document
- 1011. Cancel a released document
- 1100. How to work with parts
- 1101. How to work with parts
- 1200. How to start a part
- 1203. Fill in the new part
- 1204. Add, modify or remove BOM parts
- 1205. Import a CAD BOM
- 1206. Add or remove approved sources
- 1207. Add or remove references
- 1208. Add or remove materials
- 1209. Start and update a task
- 1210. Save your part
- 1211. Remove your part
- 1212. Release your part
- 1213. Revise a released part
- 1214. Manage a released part
- 1215. Cancel a released part
- 1300. How to revise multiple markups
- 1400. How to work with change forms
- 1401. Processing a change
- 1500. How to start a change form
- 1503. Start and update a task
- 1504. Analyze a submitted change
- 1505. Fix change form routing errors
- 1506. Remove your change form
- 1507. Review a routed change
- 1508. Resolve an on-hold change
- 1509. Analyze an accepted change
- 1510. Use a released change
- 1511. View a completed change
- 1512. Analyze a stopped change
- 1513. View a rejected change
- 1514. Remove a canceled change
- 1515. Return a submitted change
- 1600. How to work with file attachments
- 1700. How to report, import & export
- 1701. Run a report
- 1702. Export a PDX package
- 1703. Use the DataGrid
- 1704. Use the Report/Export Wizard
- 1800. Import & update items
- 1801. Use the Batch Importer
- 1802. Item Master import
- 1803. Iteration-level relational imports
- 1804. Bill of materials import
- 1805. References import
- 1806. Revision files import
- 1807. Sources import
- 1808. Item-level relational imports
- 1809. Item files & links import
- 1810. Materials import
- 1811. Groups collection import
- 1812. Materials collection import
- 1813. Organizations collection import
- 1814. Persons collection import
- 1815. Custom collection import
- 1900. View & export via ODBC
- 1901. View database objects
- 1902. Create an ODBC connection
- 1903. ItemViews reference
- 1904. ReferencePairViews reference
- 1905. SourcePairViews reference
- 1906. SourceItemMasterView reference
- 1907. StructurePairViews reference
- 1908. ChangeViews reference
- 1909. ChangePairViews reference
- 1910. FilePairMasterView reference
- 2000. How to do other tasks
- 2100. Menu reference
- 2200. Document reference
- 2300. Part reference
- 2400. Change Form reference
- 2500. System Rules reference
- 2501. System Rules tool
- 2502. General: Copy files to snapshot
- 2503. General: Copy previous tasks
- 2504. General: Item uniqueness definition
- 2505. General: Reviewer comment required
- 2506. Default File Access
- 2507. Password Policy
- 2508. References Tabs
- 2509. BOM: Limit part to one row
- 2510. BOM: Lock part unit of measure
- 2511. BOM: Allow partner parts
- 2600. Collections reference
- 2601. Managing collections
- 2602. Custom attributes
- 2700. Places/Organizations/Persons
- 2800. General
- 2900. Documents
- 3000. Parts
- 3100. Changes
- 3108. Custom collections
- 3200. Other reference topics
- 3300. Software licenses & legal notices