PDXpert PLM Software
On-line Help Guide
This help topic describes the current PDXpert PLM release. Earlier releases may be different. To view your release's version of this topic, open PDXpert and press the F1 key or select the Help menu.
Attributes (change form)
These fields show a change form's:
- Classification, priority, and responsible parties (for example, an initiator and a validator)
- Estimated cost effect
- Effective limits, such as the production quantity, serial/lot numbers, or time period
Your administrator may have hidden some of these fields, or given other labels, in the Change Forms collection member window.
- Change classification§
You can select the change class, which typically identifies the change form's effect on part interchangeability (and thereby suggests that new item identifier numbers have been given), customer impact, or contractual requirements. The available selection is managed in the Change Classifications collection.
You can inform your colleagues about the urgency, and possibly the scope, of the change. Selecting a particular priority may also require entering the beginning serial number and/or date when the change must take effect. The available selection is managed in the Change Priorities collection.
- Person #1
These fields show people who have some role or responsibility for the change's contents. The list is managed in the Persons collection.
These can be shown or hidden, and their labels changed, in the Change Forms collection member.
- Cost estimate§
This section gathers costs as: one-time expenses not allocated to specific affected items; one-time (non-recurring) expenses related to affected items; and recurring expenses that are added to each affected item whenever it's produced.
- Other costs (or −savings)§
This is the cost for tasks not otherwise given in the individual disposition expenses on the Affected list. A negative value, such as -1000.00, is a one-time savings or income; for example, unused inventory is sold.
This is the total of all one-time costs from each affected item that has a non-recurring dispositioning cost.
- One-time total§
This is the sum of the Other costs (or −savings) and the Non-recurring costs, and shows the immediate cost of the change.
This is the total of future per-unit costs from each affected item that has a recurring dispositioning cost.
- Effective limits§
These values can be used in any combination to limit the effect of the change.
Starting values may be used to specify when an executing change form takes effect, or the starting point of an advisory change form. Ending values are normally used only for advisory changes, such as a Deviation/Waiver.
The data labels may be changed in the Change Forms collection member.
- Start on (serial number / date)§
- The serial number, lot code, event, or production date of the first production unit affected by the change form.
- End on (serial number / date)§
The serial number, lot code, event, or production date when production is no longer affected by the change form.
- Maximum quantity affected§
- The maximum number of production units that can be affected by this change.
- Maximum period§
- The maximum time that production that can be affected by this change.
- Snapshot from§
If you've copied the change from a different change, then that other change is shown. Double-clicking on the item will open it.
This field is shown only when the item was copied from another item. Removing (deleting) the source item from the system deletes this reference.
- If this field is shown, enter the related information.
Help Guide Contents [as PDF]
- 0001. Welcome!
- 0002. Help styles
- 0100. PDXpert Application Server
- 0101. Server overview
- 0200. How to...
- 0300. Console reference
- 0400. How to start the PDXpert client
- 0500. PDXpert introduction
- 0600. How to set up PDXpert
- 0700. How to use the Item Explorer
- 0800. How to use the Collection Explorer
- 0900. How to work with documents
- 0901. How to work with documents
- 1000. How to start a document
- 1003. Fill in the new document
- 1004. Add or remove references
- 1005. Start and update a task
- 1006. Save your document
- 1007. Remove your document
- 1008. Release your document
- 1009. Manage a released document
- 1010. Revise a released document
- 1011. Cancel a released document
- 1100. How to work with parts
- 1101. How to work with parts
- 1200. How to start a part
- 1203. Fill in the new part
- 1204. Add, modify or remove BOM parts
- 1205. Import a CAD BOM
- 1206. Add or remove approved sources
- 1207. Add or remove references
- 1208. Add or remove materials
- 1209. Start and update a task
- 1210. Save your part
- 1211. Remove your part
- 1212. Release your part
- 1213. Revise a released part
- 1214. Manage a released part
- 1215. Cancel a released part
- 1300. How to revise multiple markups
- 1400. How to work with change forms
- 1401. Processing a change
- 1500. How to start a change form
- 1503. Start and update a task
- 1504. Analyze a submitted change
- 1505. Fix change form routing errors
- 1506. Remove your change form
- 1507. Review a routed change
- 1508. Resolve an on-hold change
- 1509. Analyze an accepted change
- 1510. Use a released change
- 1511. View a completed change
- 1512. Analyze a stopped change
- 1513. View a rejected change
- 1514. Remove a canceled change
- 1515. Return a submitted change
- 1600. How to work with file attachments
- 1700. How to report, import & export
- 1701. Run a report
- 1702. Export a PDX package
- 1703. Use the DataGrid
- 1704. Use the Report/Export Wizard
- 1800. Import & update items
- 1801. Use the Batch Importer
- 1802. Item Master import
- 1803. Iteration-level relational imports
- 1804. Bill of materials import
- 1805. References import
- 1806. Revision files import
- 1807. Sources import
- 1808. Item-level relational imports
- 1809. Item files & links import
- 1810. Materials import
- 1811. Groups collection import
- 1812. Materials collection import
- 1813. Organizations collection import
- 1814. Persons collection import
- 1815. Custom collection import
- 1900. View & export via ODBC
- 1901. View database objects
- 1902. Create an ODBC connection
- 1903. ItemViews reference
- 1904. ReferencePairViews reference
- 1905. SourcePairViews reference
- 1906. SourceItemMasterView reference
- 1907. StructurePairViews reference
- 1908. ChangeViews reference
- 1909. ChangePairViews reference
- 1910. FilePairMasterView reference
- 2000. How to do other tasks
- 2100. Menu reference
- 2200. Document reference
- 2300. Part reference
- 2400. Change Form reference
- 2500. System Rules reference
- 2501. System Rules tool
- 2502. General: Copy files to snapshot
- 2503. General: Copy previous tasks
- 2504. General: Item uniqueness definition
- 2505. General: Reviewer comment required
- 2506. Default File Access
- 2507. Password Policy
- 2508. References Tabs
- 2509. BOM: Limit part to one row
- 2510. BOM: Lock part unit of measure
- 2511. BOM: Allow partner parts
- 2600. Collections reference
- 2601. Managing collections
- 2602. Custom attributes
- 2700. Places/Organizations/Persons
- 2800. General
- 2900. Documents
- 3000. Parts
- 3100. Changes
- 3108. Custom collections
- 3200. Other reference topics
- 3300. Software licenses & legal notices